Friday, May 13, 2011

First Weekend

So I'm a little late on my posting, but this is what we did last weekend.
          ~Friday night me and Alex pretty much just worked and went to bed. Sounds lame, and it is! haha We were still getting used to our job so it took us a long time to input the paperwork, and we weren't up for partying when we were done.
          ~On Saturday one of the owners of Vantage (Tom) was in town and in the morning meeting he told the sales team that if they hit 20 sales then he would take us all to dinner. Soo, the team went out to sale and Alex, Bree, and I hit up the mall! Our phone's were ringing off the hook with the sales team trying to schedule appointments. They hit their goal by about noon, and later surpassed it by 10 or so sales! (great job!!) We all met up at Longhorn Steakhouse and got steaks, it was so good! Our bill ended up being about $600, so we were glad that Tom was picking up our tab! haha After dinner Alex and I went with Jayson and Kyle to a different mall, called Short Hills Mall. Can I just say that this was the most INSANE mall I have ever seen?!!? It has almost every high end store you can imagine from Sacs 5th Ave to Tiffany & Co.! Unfortunately the stores were all closed when we arrived because I guess rich people have dinner parties, etc. to attend on the weekends! haha We were still able to walk around the mall and just hang out. (even though it was closing) We will definitely be going to that mall again to walk in (notice I don't say shop!! haha) the stores and dream of the high end, insane things that some people can afford! It's crazy! After going to the mall we decided to go to a movie. Alex and I saw "Something Borrowed", and the boys weren't feeling a chick flick so they saw "Fast and Furious 5".
 Here's some of us at dinner
At the mall. I'm just the creeper friend that hops in pics, its fine.

          ~Sunday we found a ward to go to and it was so nice to go somewhere where you know everyone believes the same thing. Here in New Jersey everyone is sooooo different from each other, so it was nice to be with people of your same culture. I'm used to Utah County (born and raised!!) where nearly everyone is LDS and people are very similar. I can't say that I don't enjoy that. I will add that the neighborhood we drove through to get to the church building was UNREAL! no joke. Some of the homes here are absolutely gorgeous, and to die for! I will have to take some pics of the homes to share. We love when we are driving and the speed limit is slow because we can typically get away with going 5 under and stare in awe at the beautiful homes! (unless you're in the ghetto, then you want to go 30 over and get outta there! haha) After church, which we only went to two hours of (I know that's not necessary to share, but just a side note lol) we went and played some tennis at the park and got some fresh air. I think that Sundays are going to become my new favorite day of the week! 
 We're the gomer pile tennis players haha
 Occasionally Alex prefers to spank with her racket...

 don't. mess.
You could call us the best tennis players in New Jersey. We'd be fine with that.

Overall this was a super fun weekend! I am so excited to see what's ahead of us. Sorry that the post is a little long, but there's a lot to share when you're having fun! More fun posts to come...

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Fun! Did I tell you I'm taking a tennis lesson this summer? Haha, I'm super excited.

Allyson said...

oh ya i saw that on your blog! I love tennis so much! I have a feeling it is going to be our only form of physical activity while we are out here! haha we'll have to play each other when we get back! ;)