Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Happy 24th, especially for me!!

This last weekend I was able to fly back to Utah for a quick vaca! I knew that my Hewlett family was having their annual 24th of July party, where we swim, bbq, and watch uncle Scott's AWESOME fireworks show. I was so sad that I was going to miss it this year :( THEN I remembered that I fly for free and I immediately contacted my dad to set up my flight!! I arrived to Utah around 5:30pm on Friday and flew home at 7:00am on Sunday. The trip was a bit short, but sooo fun! My mom, Drew, and Reese picked me up from the airport and we went straight to Hayden and Jessica's. I loved seeing Madi and Jack. One of my favorite parts of going home was when Madi jumped into my arms and squoze me to death for like 5 minutes, and seeing Jack's happy smiling face! I love my niece and nephew soo much! Friday night I also got to see McCall, and Brittany and her family! 

Saturday morning Me, my mom, Reese, Hayden, Jessica, Madi, and Jack all meet at Kneaders for breakfast. Later that day I ran some errands with my mom and just hung out for a few hours. It was nice to just enjoy time with my mom. I have missed her SOO much! Later that afternoon I went to Scott and Suzanna's for the party. It was awesome to see everyone!! 






 I loved getting cuddles from baby Bree!


 Suzanna needed some love from Allyson hahaha
 After not getting my hair wet ALL day, Hayden picked me up
 upside down and jumped in the pool!

Now...getting home was not as easy as I had planned. The flights were overbooked and I was not going to be able to get home until Tuesday, at the earliest, since I fly stand-by for free. To make a long story short, I ended up having to buy a $330 plane ticket home! It was a painful purchase, but oh well! My trip was short, sweet, costly, and totally worth it!! 

No comments: