Wednesday, July 20, 2011

We Love You Doug & Lori!!

Alex's mom and (step) dad came to visit this past weekend! It was so much fun seeing them, and showing them around. While they were here we took them to some of our favorite restaurants, went to a mets game, went to the beach, etc. One of the days they were here the three of them went into the city and saw Wicked. The tickets were about $180 and I've already seen it so I stayed behind. It was so good to see some familiar faces and spend time with Doug and Lori. They are so great, and like parents to me. I spend about as much time at their house as I do at my own in Utah! We already miss them and can't wait to see them in a short three weeks time! (I can't believe we are already that close to going home!! HOLY COW, the summer has gone by sooo fast!!)

 We took them to our favorite Mexican restaurant, Margaritas. Did I mention that we went three times over the 4.5 days they were here??! haha Doug loved it!
 GO METS! They beat the Phillies, 11-2

 Lori was always prepared with a fan, visor, and fanny pack. (fanny pack not pictured, unfortunately)

 A few of the sales guys came with us to the beach! Good times!



I have to document my injuries from the beach. A wave got the best of me and threw me into the rocks. This is only a small portion of the wounds. My butt has a large black bruise! haha Not to mention when I came out of the water from getting TAKEN DOWN my whole butt was hanging out for the boys to see! SORRY to anyone who witnessed that!! hahah

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Looks like a blast! I wish I could have come! I miss you guys so much and can't wait to see you in a few short weeks! Love ya!

Allyson said...

I'm so pumped to get home and see everyone!! we absolutely loved seeing doug and Lor!! I still haven't seen baby Kade, so that is a must when we get home! The pics of him are darling on your blog! love ya too!